Many times you face situations where you are running some heavy applications like playing a game, processing video etc. and you don’t know whether it has crashed or is really working. Well, CPUUsage can help you in knowing that. CPUUsage is a small and easy-to-use utility that displays the CPU load in percentage as a tray icon image and enables you to check how much of your CPU's capacity is in use.
It’s a great program which installs itself as a system service and can be loaded on windows startup. In case you are not sure whether your application has crashed or is working, you can just click on the tray icon and check the CPU load. CPUUsage refreshes the tray icon after specific intervals and allows you to change this refresh rate as per your need. It also allows you to set or unset the program to load on Windows startup. You can also set the CPUUsage to pause when your CPU is performing intensive calculations for a long time. In such cases, CPUUsage suspends itself and does not update the tray icon. The tray icon gets reactivated when the CPU ends the intensive calculations. Interestingly, this useful program is free to download and install.
- Handy and easy-to-use tool
- Installs itself as system service and thus uses minimal resources
- Allows to set/unset the program to load on Windows startup
- Allows to set how often the tray icon should be updated
- Compatible with most Windows OS
- Does not support OS other than Windows
- Does not show CPU consumption for individual applications
- Does not provide graphical representation of CPU usage using Bar or Line Graphs